Number of Images:
The print of the year, colour and mono competitions are single round open competitions with no advanced or standard categories. The maximum number of prints allowed per member are detailed below:
- Colour Print - 2 prints maximum
- Mono Print - 2 prints maximum
- There is no requirement to enter both Mono and Colour competitions if you don't want to, so for example if you really only have a single colour print to enter, just enter the one print.
- An image that has been previously entered into a Print or PDI Competition can be entered into the Print of the Year Competition providing that the image has been taken since 1st January of the previous year (i.e. within the last 12 to 14 months prior to the Competition).
- All prints can be Home or Trade processed, either by traditional or digital means.
- All Prints shall be mounted securely on mount boards, which shall not exceed 500mm x 400 mm in size.
- The size of the print and the colour of the mount is determined by the entrant.
- There should be no other identifying marks of any kind on the print or the mount.
Naming your print:
- The title of the image must not exceed 25 characters in length.
- The entrant shall record the 'Title' of their image, their membership number, and allocated A or B category on the back of the mount.
- Image naming must follow the following convention: Image-Title_yy.jpg where:
- Image_Title is your image title for the image
- ‘yy’ is your membership number.
Where to submit your prints:
- In the run-up meetings to the closing date, the competition's secretary will have a print box that you can drop your prints into, please ensure your prints have been suitably labelled with your membership number and image title.
- If possible, so images can also be projected onto the large screen for display on the night, please also send a Jpeg of your print and email to email@example.com ideally they should be:
- Sized to 3840 pixels by 2160 pixels - This means for a landscape orientation image the maximum dimension is 3840 pixels whereas for portrait orientation and square images, the maximum dimension is 2160 pixels.
- sRGB or Grayscale format
The above is a summary of what is fully defined in the competition rules, which can be found here.