Version 1.0: September 2018
- This policy is drafted with regard to the following Legislative References:
- The General Data Protection Regulations 2018
- Hexham & District Photographic Society (HDPS) collects and retains personal information from members of the Society in order to
- administer the membership
- contact members to inform them of Society activities.
- The data is stored both in hard copy and electronically in spreadsheet format and is used to derive mailing lists for the express purpose of member contact.
- Personal data and permission to store such data is gathered from each member through a signed and dated hard copy of membership form in which the following data fields are completed:
- Full name
- Full postal address
- Telephone number, home and mobile
- E-mail address
- Personal website for photographic activities (if appropriate).
- Permission to obtain and retain personal data from members who are children or vulnerable individuals must be countersigned by the parent or legal guardian.
- This data is kept secure as specified by the GDPR 2018 and will not be shared with any third parties.
- The only people with access to this data are members of the HDPS Committee and will only be used to contact members in relation to Society activities.
- Members have the right, at any time, to view the personal data retained by HDPS.
- Personal data will be held for each individual during the period of their membership. Once the individual has ceased to be a member their personal data will be securely deleted from both hard and electronic copy.
- Any person has a right to withdraw permission from HDPS to hold personal data.
- When entering internal or external competitions or exhibitions, HDPS reserve the right to publish the member's name and the image title.
- HDPS will collect data about visits to the HDPS website (such as IP address, geographical location, browser, length of visit and number of page views) and any other information that the member voluntarily posts to the website.
- The HDPS website contains links to third party websites but HDPS is not responsible or liable for the privacy policies or practices of those websites.
- This policy will be reviewed once every three years.
Membership Application Form
Version 1.0, September 2018