New for the 2019 to 2020 season Hexham and District Photographic Society are pleased to announce the introduction of a series of workshops available exclusively to society members. The workshops selected for this season cover a range of photographic genres, carefully selected to cater for a broad range of interests as well as levels of photographic skills.
For many years the society has organised assignments offering members the opportunity to meet up in different locations, capture images and produce prints to be presented on members nights. Following feedback from members it was decided that this should be enhanced and made into more of a workshop format by offering three distinct parts:
- The “Pre Meet” to go over any equipment requirements, suggested camera settings as well as the principles and techniques required for each subject.
- The meeting “On Location” with the aim of putting the techniques learned in part 1 into practice.
- The “Post Meet” essentially a session to cover the “post processing” elements from image assessment and processing in software such as Lightroom / Photoshop.
The subjects dates and content of the first four proposed workshops are outlined in the PDF documents below:
- Landscape Photography Lindisfarne Scheduled for September / October 2019 – organised by Gerry Adcock ARPS
- Sports Photography Scheduled for November / December 2019 – organised by George Ledger
- Astrophotography Scheduled for January / February 2020 – organised by Kevin Hilton & Dave Best
- Nature / Close-Up Photography Scheduled for March / April 2020 – organised by Kevin Hilton & Rosie Bowyer
To sign up to attend the workshops please add your name to the list that can be found on the Society Noticeboard, email or speak to one of the organisers listed on a Tuesday night.
This post was written by: Hexham Photographic Society on 9th, September 2019