The second part of the Hexham Photographic Society’s 2016 exhibitions went live on Monday 1st August, with images being displayed in the windows of 14 shops & commercial premises around the town.
Notable are the Oxfam Book Shop & Cogito books, who have themed their windows around the event.
These are the images that were chosen by the shop keepers for their windows:
- Cranston’s butchers: ‘Blea Tarn’ – Barry Turnbull
- Tap & Spile: ‘Voodoo Dawn’ – Gerry Adcock
- Oxfam Book Shop: ‘The Swing Bridge’ – Margaret Atkinson
- Tynedale Hospice Book Shop: ‘Hexham Ablaze’ – Peter Newman
- Allegretto Music: ‘Cold Brass’ – Stephen Smith
- Hexham Community Church: ‘Farne Islands Dawn’ – David Theobald
- Woolabaloo: ‘The Jester’ – Barrie Harte
- Fat Face: ‘Blue Shoes’ – Christine Giles
- Boots: ‘Red Wings’ – Mavis McCormick
- Cafe Nero: ‘Edge of Empire’ – Chris McIlreavy
- Stait Photography: ‘Going Home’ – Danny Brannigan
- Sarah Loveland: ‘Hands on Printing’ – Danny Brannigan
- Coggito Books: ‘Over your shoulder’ – Rob Halliburton
- Tynedale Gallery: ‘Newcastle’ – Barry Turnbull
Thanks to all the businesses involved so far, hopefully more images will appear over the coming week, as more responses are received from managers & head offices of other shops that have been approached.
The plan is that the images will stay in the windows up to the launch of the Abbey exhibition on August 15th.
This post was written by: Stephen Smith on 5th, August 2016